Corporate Website Redesign

sa_cover

Company: SapientRazorfish

Year: 2017

Role: Experience Designer

The problem

One of our client’s main issues was the lack of fresh content and the pace at which their content became obsolete. As part of their new website, our client aimed at maintaining their content up to date with a minimal effort.  

The process

We started by auditing the content that already existed in the website. We created different categories for it that allowed us to create reusable modules and templates. 

As part of the auditing process we found duplicated and outdated content that harmed the user experience. Also, the news and articles that presented up to date content were hidden, only discoverable via search.

sa_content_audit
The solution

We implemented a strategy that allowed each page to be a story on its own. With this strategy we used the content that was updated on a regular basis and used it as the main driver for the different sections of the site. 

Each section had the following components threaded in a narrative that talked about our client’s story:

  • People
  • Environment
  • Technology & Innovation
  • Community
  • Worldwide initiatives
sa_strategy

We created templates and components that allowed us to create pages that featured the latest news related to the topic of the section. Additionally we created a timeline view that showed the history of the company and key moments for each topic they aimed to present.

We created templates and components that allowed us to create pages that featured the latest news related to the topic of the section. Additionally we created a timeline view that showed the history of the company and key moments for each topic they aimed to present.

sa_wireframes_3

We removed most of the generic content, ensuring that the static content in the page was time agnostic and served as an introduction of the news and articles featured in the section. We also increased the importance that was given to the people and the culture in the company, and highlighted the benefits of working for this company. 

To generate such a structure and ensure the success of this strategy we created a tagging system that would allow for an automatic categorisation of the content in the site.

In the end, we developed a strategy that allowed the client to categorise any content they created depending on where they expected it to be surfaced. We worked together with development to ensure the strategy was feasible within the time frames, and with copy writers to make the most out of the information available and to guarantee that the static content was as time agnostic as possible. 

My role and takeaways

T​his was the first time I worked on a project that was heavier in content strategy than design. It was a really interesting challenge, since it involved going out of my comfort zone and providing direction to copy writers to make a coherent narrative across the website.

Selected Work

Everyone InExperiential design

PeloteoExperiential design

MIDI PlayerExperiential design

Connected ShelfExperiential design

Corporate WebsiteContent strategy

7digital iOS AppApp design

Government Digital Services (GDS)Interaction design & Research

ExperimentsOther projects

Sales Support AppsPrototypes design

Get in touch

hi@dianamundo.com
+44 (0) 7717 590 110

And follow me on social media